Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pommel Incert 12

Has anyone tried opening up the holes on this insert? Mine sounds just a bit muffled.

Should I open all of the holes a little bit? A few of the holes a lot? Anyone got any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Put holes on the other side of the speaker as well. Something closer to the emitter, if your design allows for it.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Another thing to do, depending on which speaker mount method you used, is to add holes ro vent the backside.of.the speaker mount. This works well on the v2 & v3 mounts.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks for all of the replies. Silver Serpent's idea of holes near the emitter end is something I had never considered. I did an experiment and pulled the blade out with the saber on and can hear a huge difference. Unfortunately, my saber design does not lend itself well to putting holes anywhere on that end. I will keep that in mind for my next build.

So I went out on a limb....

I decided to go ahead and open up the holes. No guts, no glory, right? Well, it paid off well. I used the drill bit that came with my 8-32 tap set (don't know the size off the top of my head) and it worked great. I drilled out all of the holes except the two directly in line with the D-Ring. In case you are wondering, the D-Ring I used is from Home Depot, not the one with the kit.

The sound difference with the opened up holes is night and day. I realize that this did remove some of the metal that gives strength to the insert, but I will not be doing any heavy rigging off of my pommel so I think it will be fine. The sound results are well worth it and I think it looks quite nice, too.

Last edited by chicago.jedi; 08-01-2014 at 03:57 PM.