Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pommel Incert 12

Default Pommel Incert 12

Has anyone out there tried Pommel Insert 12 with the belt clip?

Did it rattle or get in the way when you did spins?

I'm using it. I do notice a rattle, but it's slight with my resonance chamber through the pommel. Doesn't get in the way with spinning, but again I have a fairly long hilt.

I've got one on a saber i'm just about finished with. Can't tell you about the spins, but it does rattle, though not badly IMO (make sure those screws are snug).
    I think any time you have a D-ring, it's going to rattle a little due to the give (unless you can find one that is really tight).
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

The problem with a tight fitting d-link would probably be it would stick in different positions, then it would get in the way or make it harder to get the saber on and off a belt clip.

I found that the belt clip here does not really go well with that pommel d-ring. It gets stuck.

Mine did rattle as well. The solution I found for it though was to take a bit of heat shrink, cut it lengthwise and wrap it around the base of the D-Ring. Then I glued the ends back together. It made the ring just thick enough that it doesn't rattle around but moves easily when I need it to.

Another solution is to get rid of the dring and use another material. I've used one before to hold a tassel.

Aw c'mon,don't tell me you guys never heard of 'Saber Rattling'

I have a couple of those in a couple sabers. I can tell you that the rattle you hear is some times the "D" ring and some times it is the insert itself. Once you tape off/use heat shrink on the "flat" part of the ring, it reduces the rattle a bit. Really not a big issue with saber operation, or sound. Unless its rattling so bad you can't hear your saber
    Oh yeah @Sevinzol..... so bad dude soo baad.... I'm still chuckling

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    Aw c'mon,don't tell me you guys never heard of 'Saber Rattling'
    Very funny.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com