Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Saber ever....help?

Saber Building is not for the lazy. I'm sure that if you look around enough you'll find wiring diagrams that you are looking for.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Sarcasm...I am a master of it....

And ok, thanks for the help!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Final question. Could I get away with the 4AA pack or just not happening?
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.

IF you use alkalines, you should be ok, as that would be 6 volts. HOWEVER, your runtime will probably not be good.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-28-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Ok thanks FJK

I'm just using a simple Rebel Blue, 4 AAA battery pack, and 1000mA buck puck, hope that helps or if that's even the correct info for my set up. And you'd rather want a latching switch than a mom so you don't have to hold the switch down all the time, just a thought for you. =]
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

How much run time does the 4 AAA have with the Rebel and BuckPuck?

And yeah Ik, but the SPST Mom switch is a little weird. It's a latching momentary hybrid thing 0_o. At least that's what it sounds like.

I've gotten as much as 30-45 minutes runtime out of a 4xAAA + buckpuck setup. It starts acting a little wonky towards the end of that time once the voltage of the battery pack drops.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

So it isn't exactly a remarkable run time compared to a 2x Li-Ion 18650 right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    So it isn't exactly a remarkable run time compared to a 2x Li-Ion 18650 right?
    That would be an understatement...
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines