Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First Saber ever....help?

Building a 7.4v pack out of two of these: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pa...0mAh-P856.aspx will run a 1000mA buckpuck for nearly 3 and a half hours (on paper.) In practice, you'll see closer to 3 hours.

It's a much better option than the alkalines.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Well...looks like I'm gonna rack up another $50 to finish getting parts.
    Last edited by TheSilverDark; 07-01-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

I want to set up a recharge port. Only rechargeable Li-ions are single cell. Will this still power everything I need? And the run time?
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    I want to set up a recharge port. Only rechargeable Li-ions are single cell. Will this still power everything I need? And the run time?

Not true. There are rechargeable 7.4V packs as well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Wait really? I must be more blind than I thought....I meant on the store though since it appears I forgot to mention that and I'm not very "wiring savvy" so I have no idea how to properly assemble a pack without blowing my hands and eyebrows off.

Wait really? I must be more blind than I thought....I meant on the store though since it appears I forgot to mention that and I'm not very "wiring savvy" so I have no idea how to properly assemble a pack without blowing my hands and eyebrows off.
    Fortunately for you, the ones in the store are pre-assembled. Now all you have to do is casually browse the battery pack section to find what you are looking for.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Will do. Thanks.

Blast....ok so I went through the store and the ones labeled rechargeable are 3.7v. However, there are multiple 7.4v that are not labeled rechargeable. Can these or can they not be recharged?!

Blast....ok so I went through the store and the ones labeled rechargeable are 3.7v. However, there are multiple 7.4v that are not labeled rechargeable. Can these or can they not be recharged?!
    The Li-Ion packs (especially if they have the little JST connector on them) are RECHARGEABLE!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

....well then....that makes life easy....