Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Saber ever....help?

Default First Saber ever....help?

Hello! Well I'm building my first saber soon, but I wanted to check to see if I had all the parts I needed, thanks!

Parts List/Price

Body
    Blade Holder Style 13/$15.00
    1-1/4" x 12" Chrome sink tube (From The Custom Saber Shop)/$5.97
    1-1/2" x 12" Chrome sink tube (From The Custom Saber Shop)/$6.20
    MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter/$6.00
    1-3/8" Chrome end cap/$0.96
    3/4" D-Ring/$1.25
    D-ring belt mount/$3.75
    8-32 x1/8" Set screw/$0.22
    Drill & Tap Hole (Services)/$7.50
    1" Hilt safety plug/$6.00
    Subtotal/$52.85

Electronics
    Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module/$24.25
    BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire/$13.99
    SPST Push on/off - Mom switch with black button/$5.00
    2AA Battery Holder/$1.20
    JST Connectors/$0.55
    Subtotal/$44.99

Blade
    LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (28 in)/$31.99

Total/$129.83

I was also wondering if I could fit a larger battery pack into my hilt, which would have a total of about 7-8 inches. Thanks again!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Forgot to mention it is a stunt saber!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.

You would need at least 5 Volts to power a BuckPuck. 2AA's wouldn't be enough, unless you are going to use 2 14500 Li-Ions.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

So what would you suggest to replace the 2 AA?

Well, since it looks like you'll have the room, try the 2 x 18650 pack. You'll just need to figure out how to secure it within your hilt.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I am sorry for being such a noob :/ but I can only find the single cell holder and I have no idea how to hook that up. O_o

Something like this:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74...Pack-P699.aspx

It doesn't fit into any type of batter holder, that's why I said you'll have to come up with some way of securing it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Ahhhhhhh I see....duct tape to the rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    Ahhhhhhh I see....duct tape to the rescue!
    Ummm, NO! You should check with Tim to see if these would fit inside those sink tubes:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...k-S2-P768.aspx
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Can make my own chassis, so m not worried bout that. My only problem is actually wiring it cause I have no idea what order to put the MWS style parts in.

I might still by those chassis pieces tho...I'm lazy...