Thread: Need some help with Momentary to latching converter

Default Need some help with Momentary to latching converter

Hi guys, You all have always been super helpful and have helped me get to the point where I am now building stunt sabers all on my own and have it down! THANK YOU!!!
    But now I have noticed that there has been a switch to momentary switches and my set up (since it is stunts with no sound need a latching switch) I found the board to make the conversion happen but I have no clue how to use it or wire it. Any advice, schematics, or links on how to do this would really help.
    Thanks

polo2.jpg

Battery (+) will go to one of the VIN pads, and the battery (-) will go to one of the GND pads.

For your saber electronics, connect the (+) to the VOUT and the (-) to another GND pad. It doesn't really matter which GND pad you use, but I'd recommend keeping the battery stuff on the left, and the saber electronics stuff on the right, for convenience purposes.

Notice the little pushbutton switch on the bottom of the pic? That's where you'll wire in your switch.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

If you are talking about the one in the store it has pictures with descriptions of all the pads on the board.

If that isn't good enough, or if it is too cryptic, if you look in the MWS (Modular Wiring System) section there is one already wired with JST connectors and a description of what each one goes to to give you a better idea about how to wire it. And see for yourself how each connection is wired to the connector, you can just substitute your switch/resistor/battery/etc. for the JST connectors.

If you aren't talking about that one you may need to post a picture/description/brand of the device so that people know what you are talking about.

That works, Thanks guys! I didn't notice that picture of the pre wired stuff.