Thread: buck puck

Default buck puck

can you run a tri-rebal GGW off a buck puck with 7.4v battery pack, its for a non sound saber, I want to wire the two green dies in parallel, will this work?

The problem I see with that kind of setup is that if the greens are in parallel, and you're running them at 700mA each, you would actually need 1400mA. That's ok if the white can handle that power, but if it's a Rebel, the max current is only 700mA. You would need a GGWW with a bucker set to 1400mA. If you felt ambitious, you could pull the white rebel off the star and solder on a Cree XML (quite capable up to 3000mA, but still PLENTY bright at 1400mA).
    Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by Dethlore; 06-24-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garymorris View Post
    can you run a tri-rebal GGW off a buck puck with 7.4v battery pack, its for a non sound saber, I want to wire the two green dies in parallel, will this work?
    That would work best if the leds are in series, not parallel. Use the 1000ma buckpuck and that saber will be plenty bright.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

sweet!! thanks for the help guys
    may the force be with you