Thread: Unique Grips

Default Unique Grips

Hi all! I just wanted to start a new gallery focusing on the variety of things we end up using as grips on our hilts. The lightsaber I have pictured has been a favorite project of mine and the next thing I want to work on is replacing that ratty old hockey tape with something different. Perhaps a rubber sleeve from a flashlight. I don't know but I'd love too see what other people have used so please reply with some pictures!!!
    peace out.Photo on 6-17-14 at 4.08 PM.jpgPhoto on 6-17-14 at 4.08 PM #2.jpg

One possiblilty would be Heat Shrink Tubing. If you got it in a large enough diameter, you could easily cut it to fit the grip portion of your saber, then jazz it with the heat gun. Amazon has the stuff in the proper diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    found rthis some months back.. haven't tried it yet

http://www.nelcoproducts.com/heat-sh...-grip-material
    That's nice I like the cross pattern

I used pigskin suede on the back end of this saber, which I sewed as a tight sleeve and used some adhesive to keep it in place. You don't want to see the photo of the stitching, I did not do a good job there...

The above statements GREATLY depends on what battery solution as well as what sound card you plan on using to run your saber. Limitations will probably apply. Your mileage may vary. Any visual impairments are the sole responsibility of the saber builder/user. - Forgetful Jedi Knight