Thread: resistor

Default resistor

hello bros
    if I wire the two blue dies on a luxeon tri rebel star in parallel, with the foc and Nano biscotte ,3.7v battery, what resistor would I need for the two blue dies and for the white die. I tried the LED calculators but they keep saying the battery is not high enough, it said the same thing on the ccs website calculator, what does 58-58-235 mean, all help will be greatly appreciated

To start with, the 58-58-235 is the amount of lumens each die will produce - 58 per blue and 235 for the white. That lets you go to the Shop's page for the individual rebel stars, and look up the forward voltage and mA for each die. You'll now notice that the individual rebel stars have slightly different lumens than the are noted for the tri-rebel, so you've got a choice of either using those numbers or schlepping off to Luxeon's page (http://www.luxeonstar.com/) and looking for the actual dies on the tri-rebel. It helps to go schlep, but actually the numbers off the Shop's page will work fine. It Sounds like you've got the calculator asking for a series setup, not parallel, which is why it won't work. Parallel wiring means they're not wired through each other. So each blue die is 3.4v @ 1000 mA, and the white is 3.1v @ 1000mA. Then you can take those numbers to the calculator... and I come up with you'll need a 1ohm 2W for each of the three dies (I'm assuming you're using the white as FOC).

thank you very much my friend! I will get those resistors and do I use one resistor for both of the blue dies

may the force be with you
    Last edited by garymorris; 06-15-2014 at 06:45 AM.