Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: First saber, hilt only [HELP!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Yeah, but i think i prefer just the 4xAAA regular batteries (rechargeable). Wouldn't that do? What about a resistor for that?
    You can use the 4 AAA rechargeables, but the run time won't be that great, and you'll still need to secure your NB card, which you could have done fairly easily on the 2 AA holder. And you'll still need the proper recharger for those type of batteries.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-09-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

does the 2AA holder have a special compartment for the sound card? Cause they look like the 4AAA

does the 2AA holder have a special compartment for the sound card? Cause they look like the 4AAA
    Not specifically, BUT if you look at the pictures in this speaker/battery holder combo, you can get an idea on how to mount the card using 3M double sided tape. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...kers-P358.aspx
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

The AA batteries also have almost the same mAh than the AAA. AAA seems to have 1000mAh. How would AA make last longer?

Also, what's the max current and voltage ofvthevblue leds ibchoae, so I can calculate the resistance

Current and forward voltage requirements for the Rebel LEDs are listed on the store page: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...Star-P523.aspx
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

They say two voltages, should I use the "run at" in my calculations? And what about my batteries question?
    Thanks

They say two voltages, should I use the "run at" in my calculations? And what about my batteries question?
    Thanks
    You can use the typical Forward Voltage (3.3V). Also, to answer your battery questions, the AAA's usually don't put out a constant current for as long as an AA call can.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Ok.
    Would one AA battery runs longer than 4AAA? I mean, they all have like the same mAh, so shouldn't they last equal?

Searching online on brazilian stores I found 4xAAA 1.2V AND 1000mAh and 4Aaa 1.2V 3000mAh. I think to last longer the best option would be 4xAA. I can buy a 4xaa holder and the speaker separately. What you think?