Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: First saber, hilt only [HELP!!]

The c-clips are pretty strong. You're unlikely to break it by squeezing it.

Cyan is a tricky color for the manufacturers. Depending on the bin you receive, it can be more green, more blue, or right in the middle. If you want a specific shade, the best option is to mix it yourself using green and blue dice on a multi-die LED like the Tri-Rebel.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

About the c-clip, I installed one last week. I was more concerned about the narrow tips of my pliers breaking than the c-clip breaking. Those things are tough!
    ~Ravenwood

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Attachment 10219

That's how it is wired. The led lights up as long as i press the switch. So when i turn the lightsaber on the switch led only blinks. I want it to stay on while the saber is on and turn off when i turn saber off.

And what is the C-ring for?
    That's why it's called a momentary switch. There is a way to make it the way you want it, you'd just have to use a momentary to latching converter. It uses a momentary switch, but makes it so that you push it once, it turns the LED on, you push it again, it turns the LED off, like it would if you were using a latching switch.
    Last edited by Ryalu Hatan; 03-29-2015 at 12:12 PM.

The switch in the diagram is NOT A momentary switch!

Also, please do not necropst on a thread that is 9 months old.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

1: I didn't know that this thread was that old. 2: I was responding to the way they described the switch, not the diagram they provided. The way they described it made it seem like a momentary switch.
    Embrace the power of the Dark Side.