Thread: Luke Rotj 2005 Conversion Question

Default Luke Rotj 2005 Conversion Question

Hello everyone, I need help concerning about the battery pack for the MR version of Luke Rotj, Im just concerned that I might blow my LED if I use rechargeable AA Ni Mh 2300 mah Battery. Do I need a resistor for this one? since the 2005 model requires you to use 6 batteries..

help would be gladly appreciated..

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Acurantes View Post
    Hello everyone, I need help concerning about the battery pack for the MR version of Luke Rotj, Im just concerned that I might blow my LED if I use rechargeable AA Ni Mh 2300 mah Battery. Do I need a resistor for this one? since the 2005 model requires you to use 6 batteries..

help would be gladly appreciated..

Cheers!
    nope, no resistor really needed for that model, though it depends on what the led you're planning on using requires. Even though it uses 6 AA's, it still has an output of 4.5 volts. The cells are wired in a 3+3 parallel set up to double the runtime. It's a hold over from the 2003 model that was el based and required 9 volts. Instead of making a smaller pack, master Replicas simply re-wires the existing model for use with the lower voltage led blade in 2005.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thank you this was a direct answer.. now i can sleep in peace