Thread: Parts List check and Resistor question on NB on tri-rebel

Default Parts List check and Resistor question on NB on tri-rebel

Hi All, This is another noob asking for a check on a parts list to see if I have forgotten anything. I have worked with electronics for quite a while so I'm pretty confident in getting this all assembled and up and running. But I also know the devil is in the details. I have a few question if any of you can help me out and would love any advice/input any of you have. My parts list is as follows:

Nano-Biscotte-Sound-Module-V2
    power extender 2.0
    Double-male-with-slots-style-3
    3-Double-female-threaded-connector
    5-Fluted-double-female-threaded-connector
    MHS-choke-style-2
    MHSV1-Blade-Holder-Style-9
    MPS-Pommel-style-8
    MHS-new-style-Heat-Sink-V3
    Luxeon-Tri-Rebel-Star-RB RB white
    Luxeon-18deg-Tri-Rebel-Star-Lens
    activation box 9
    MWS-Recharge-Port-P877.aspx
    4-40 button head screw
    MHS-speaker-mount-V4-For-28mm-Speakers
    2W-28mm-Bass-Speaker
    Panasonic-Li-Ion-18650-37V-3400mAh-PCB-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery
    sleeve
    and various chassis parts

Now for the Questions.

On with my calculations on the resistors for the tri rebel I came up with a really small resistor value .25ohm .25 watt? Am I off? Does it need a resistor at all? Do I need to put one resistor on each RB die or can it just be parallel.

Second which size AV Switch do I need I'm using box 9 which will be mounted to the 3 inch extension.

Please feel free to be brutally honest in any flaws that I have. Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to the Forums!

After looking through your parts list, I don't see a pommel insert or a C-Clip to hold it in place. Also, you would likely need a blade retention screw (and probably the drilling and tapping service for it).

Now for your questions...

1. I personally recommend resistors when dealing with LEDs. The cost of a resistor is ALWAYS less than the cost of a replacement part that has LEDs in it. Yes, you need one for each die and yes, you would have to wire them in parallel. Your calculations sound about right.

2. Those boxes use the 16mm switches
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you FJK. I totally forgot about the pommel insert and clip. I did not forget the retention screw on my actual shopping list but did forget it in the post. Thanks for the clarification on the AV switch. Sorry but I have one last question... Which blade is best for royal blue tcss, corbin, trans white. I plan on getting a few different blades in the future to experiment, but with the cost of everything else plus some other parts I'm getting from shapeways I really just want to get one blade for now.

That's one of those "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" things. My personal favorites are the ones I got from Vader's Vault. Each blade has it's own characteristics. I think you would be good with the Corbin style blades.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

FJK thanks again for your help. I can now go ahead and put in my order with confidence.