Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Completion of 'Jedi Reborn' saber

Default Completion of 'Jedi Reborn' saber

Hey, guys

Just finished a saber build over the past week.

The body is mainly an MHS saber. It has a custom shroud and plug. Once I got all the holes drilled and
    tapped and everything in order, I sent it back to Tim at TCSS for powder coating. The colors are Black
    wrinkle and Transparent Orange. Tim did a wonderful job...I couldn't be happier with the way the powder coating turned
    out.

This is a modern variation of my first saber. A Master replicas ROTJ. I'm calling it 'Jedi
    Reborn.' I wanted to stay with the same three colors as the original hilt, but just change
    the design. Obviously there's more orange and black in the color scheme. We have a grenade style extension in lue of rings and a different style emitter.

Specs:

?Sound Board- Petite Crouton V2

?'Hero font' from Genesis Customs sabers.

? LED- LZ4 10W Green,Green,Red,Blue (Greens being wired together)

? 7.4 li-ion battery pack

? 2.1mm recharge port in the pommel

? 2w bass speaker

? Recharge port

?Dual anti vandal switches(orange LED rings) for main and aux. power

As Always feedback, advice and critiques appreciated

VIDEO

Good work!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I love the colour choices. The black wrinkle looks just as cool as I thought it would. I especially like your choice in activation boxes. Very nice work.

This is a stunning piece. Very well done! I love the colors.

Very nice! Did you make the bag, too, or is there an entire world of thematic stuff out there I've never even thought to go look for...

I'm not a fan of orange, ever, but shab me that's pretty. Excellent work.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

An unique selection of color scheme, but damn, the result is simply awesome!
    The cuts on the shroud are clean and neat, great work on that, I can especially admire that, because I'm still exercising to be that precise with working with a shroud...

Is that texttured black coating what you call "wrinkle black" ? Is that also a kind of poweder coating?

Really love that shroud work. And the black wrinkle does look awesome - good to see it in action!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

This turned out really well. Good work.

Thank you guys, very much appreciated. I give credit to Tim on the finish. He did an excellent job on the powder coating.

Amwolf. I made the bag to match the saber. Its inner lined with very soft fleece. Perfect for protecting your saber when on the go.

I've actually had lots of interest in the bag and have had several request/commissions to build more.

Obi, The black winkle is the name of the finish because of the texture you see. It is powder coat, done by Tim ..here at TCSS.