Thread: MALIGNANT FURY - By Forgetful Jedi Knight

Default MALIGNANT FURY - By Forgetful Jedi Knight

MALIGNANT FURY

While looking around the forum recently, I noticed that I never posted this saber here. So here it is.... a blast from way back in the past - A SITH SABER. This is an "oldie" so I don't have too many pictures for this one.

This hilt dates back to 2007 right before my hiatus from this hobby. I had picked this saber up on eBay, for what I thought was a decent price at the time. This is a picture I took AFTER I took of the 30 - 40 orange o-rings that made up the grip.

At the time it had an economy board in there with 4AAA pack and a LUX 3 RED (I believe it was). Shortly after I acquired this saber, I had decided to walk away from this hobby for a while. I had the desire to get this saber upgraded last summer, and so ended my "hiatus" from this hobby.

Once I had decided to get back into the hobby, I had a Crystal Focus 2.1 laying around (that needed some repair), so Erv' was nice enough to do the repair work and upgrade to 4.31 for me on the two CF's I had. Once I had these back in my possession, I created "Malice". I had used a 5W "DEEP RED", which at the time was one of the very first sabers to use a Deep Red. As I recall, we were all experimenting between Deep Red, Far Red and "straight" Red at the time.

Over the holidays a few years ago, "Malice" had an accident and the threads got locked between the main body and the choke section (which was an original piece. Since I wasn't completely thrilled with the main body design that I had originally selected, I decided to go in a different direction this time around and had Tim make me a knurled main body section. I also found out along the way that "Malice" was the name of a run of sabers done by someone else, and I didn't want to be confused with that. Needless to say, Tim does fantastic work, and made the new main body section as well as pre-drilled the choke section for me. I also took this opportunity to redo the internals a little bit.

Thanks to Azmaria for the name suggestion, and to Fender, Allaerra, Tim, Erv' for their help along the way.

Specs:

MHS body pieces (slightly modded)
    LedEngin 5W Deep Red
    7.4V rechargeable battery pack
    {Crystal Focus 2.1 upgraded to 4.3}
    Now has a Crystal Focus 5.08

Novastar's EP 3- Obi - Ani
    Novasatr's Mystery Font
    Novastar's Blackstar
    Novastar's Ep 3 - Sidious
    Novastar's Rain Sizzle
    Novastar's Phoenix Sword

[color=red][size=6]The Glam Shots:

And a quick video:

TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Beautiful saber. Probably need to wear Kevlar gloves when swinging it around though. Excellent use of the spikes.

Not bad at all. Although I'd hate to have it swinging on my hip. Probably poke holes in my robes.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I thought I recognized this one. I like the before-and-after picture set because of how very drastically different it looks. Funny how much things have changed in seven years.

I love it, especially the power button facing the pommel. The spikes are very.. very punk and that's cool for a lightsaber. And of course the overall simplicity adds appeal to me too.

Wow, that is Awesome. very menacing.

Ah yes, i've seen this one around, but it's great to see up-close pics and hear about its history and transformation. It looks really menacing! And um ... spiky! (I think i cut an eyeball just looking at it)
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    I thought I recognized this one. I like the before-and-after picture set because of how very drastically different it looks. Funny how much things have changed in seven years.

I love it, especially the power button facing the pommel. The spikes are very.. very punk and that's cool for a lightsaber. And of course the overall simplicity adds appeal to me too.
    I actually redid this saber years ago, just never got around to posting it here, until now. While it wasn't my first, it is mainly the only one of that era that "survived" and I had taken pictures of.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    Beautiful saber. Probably need to wear Kevlar gloves when swinging it around though. Excellent use of the spikes.
    Nope, it's fairly easy and "safe" to use in a fight, IF you know how to handle it.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 06-04-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

awesome !!!!!!! the spikes rule

A FJK classic!! If you were a Sith and weren't carrying this, I'd immediately know you were some kind of cyborg.

Looks like it might need another upgrade for some FoC? at some point. However, I understand having the LEDengin deep red. Personally, it's my favorite red LED.
    Last edited by Takanis; 06-26-2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Forgot to add note about FoC
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Quote Originally Posted by Takanis View Post
    A FJK classic!! If you were a Sith and weren't carrying this, I'd immediately know you were some kind of cyborg.

Looks like it might need another upgrade for some FoC? at some point. However, I understand having the LEDengin deep red. Personally, it's my favorite red LED.
    I'll add it to my bucket list, but I have more pressing builds going on at the moment, especially the one due at the end of August.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines