Thread: How to order Customized MHS Parts

Question How to order Customized MHS Parts

Hello Every one, am new to TCSS and i am trying to design my first MHS Hilt. I have been on the IRA and FX-Sabers forum for a while and I am planing to have A Sabersmith help me with my customization.

I have created an initial design with the MHS Builder below.
    The problem I have is that the parts i want to use need to be Custom ordered as one part or Ordered so they are Tapped to be threaded.
    as you can see from my design I joined together 2 blade holders and joined 3 pummels that would be joined via screw on threads to the
    adapter and handle. what I want for example is how can I order the holder style 18 or 16 with the front end female threaded so blade holder style 23 can
    be screwed on to it or how to order them both as one single blade holder part AKA style 18/23 with the front end for a 1" blade.
    Same thing with the 3 pummels. so basically the 3 pummels would be as one,Male threaded at the front so it screws on to any mid section.

How can I order this parts joins as one or do I have to special order blanks at the length I want and have them custom lathed.

also I would like to order some of the parts for example the blade holder out of solid polished brass, how do I order in that material or others
    as i have plans to etch the parts to give them depth? I have seen this on the Goodman Style Sabers that where built with MHS parts.
    Also by default are the stock parts Aluminum or Steel as I would like to Anodize some of the parts like what is seen in black.
    because i know Aluminum can be anodized.

The Parts are:

MPS Pummel Style 4 married to MPS Pummel Style 3V2 married to MPS Pummel Style 10(Male thread side)-(Female side)4"Double female Grooved without hols threaded on to .75 Male/female extension(Female side)-(Male side)LED Blade holder style 18 or 16 married to LED Blade Holder Style 23(Hole for 1" blade)

When I mean Married parts i mean made in to one part or new threads between.
    Last edited by GusManB; 06-01-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: PLEASE DELETE

Welcome to the Forums! I am also on all of the other forums.

You would need to email Strydur (Tim) about a lot off that. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of what you want to do will be very difficult to do, IF it can be done at all. Tim is the only one who could answer those questions for you. His email is sales@thecustomsabershop.com

I can tell you that Goodman did a lot of his own machining, as he had access to a lot of good industrial grade machinery. All MHS parts are aluminum, unless otherwise noted (some brass boxes and pommel inserts).

Which Sabersmith is going to help you with your customization?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Welcome to the Forums! I am also on all of the other forums.

You would need to email Strydur (Tim) about a lot off that. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of what you want to do will be very difficult to do, IF it can be done at all. Tim is the only one who could answer those questions for you. His email is sales@thecustomsabershop.com

I can tell you that Goodman did a lot of his own machining, as he had access to a lot of good industrial grade machinery. All MHS parts are aluminum, unless otherwise noted (some brass boxes and pommel inserts).

Which Sabersmith is going to help you with your customization?
    I have already contacted DARTH ALICE on IRA.
    He actually did some repair work on some Goodman Sabers.
    He suggested I take a look at TCSS parts and show him A sketch I want
    I see he is on here so i will try and PM Him.

That's a pretty sweet looking design, I like it. Good luck with your quest!

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    That's a pretty sweet looking design, I like it. Good luck with your quest!
    Updated Diagram showing how its would be joins together
    I added to the labeling and where the Aux would go
    Attachment 10040

After looking at the design, it would be possible with stock parts by cutting off the threads, and boring out the adjoining part and sleeve/set-screwing (or JB welding) the parts together. From what I see the design is doable. I would do as ForgetfulJediKnight suggested, and contact Tim about the design as well

Here is my Newest version of the Saber.
    you can see I reworked the AV Box locations and did a major rework of the Mail Body where the crystal chamber will be.
    What do you think? I might deside to orinet the Aux/Jack 180 from the Active Switch.
    in this design the Box 4 and 9 are drilled through the threads. can this be done if the parts are Joined permanently first?
    and can the Holes for the Covertec be don on the thick part as shown?

Darth, Are you able to Modify this parts for me, as Tim is not able to do any custom work at the moment?
    What I realty need for tim to do for me is If he can make the Blade holder, End cape pummel and the section there the AV boxes are out of Solid Polished brass.
    Tim has just got a new lath and is going through the learning process. should i wait for him?

Attachment 10090

I take it all these questions are meant for DarthAlice?

@DathAlice: You can call me FJK, everyone else does.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com