Thread: crackly sound from MR Anakin

Default crackly sound from MR Anakin

Just scored a Windu and an ROTS Anakin in trade for about $20 in ammo...

anyway, Mace sounds good, but Anakin is crackly, sounds distant. When I plug in the speaker/battery pack from one of my other Anakins, the sound is crisp. Further examination of the pack shows a battery must have exploded in one of the battery slots. Would getting that acid neutralized correct the issue? Or would I need to pull the whole unit apart and replace the speaker?
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.

It's hard to know for sure. My suggestion is to try it and see.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

is there a trick to taking that unit apart or am I just have to pull out the old dremel?
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny Rection View Post
    is there a trick to taking that unit apart or am I just have to pull out the old dremel?
    I honestly don't know. You could see if there is a tutorial around here somewhere that might have some info for that. Conversions are NOT my speciality at all.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com