Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deth's First PVC Saber Build - Custom Circuits

Force Aware

That work on the emitter is astounding. Great work, sir! Love to see more PVC sabers like that being made these days in the saber scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigz View Post
    That work on the emitter is astounding. Great work, sir! Love to see more PVC sabers like that being made these days in the saber scene.
    Thanks! It has been a lot of fun! I can only wish I had some real tools, but you make do with what you got. There are at least 4 more I need to design (3 kids and my wife), and I have no idea what they're going to look like yet as I want THEM to do most of the designing.

Force Aware

You did great with what you had! Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Found some auto paint I had custom matched for motorcycle... so I pulled out my airbrush and some other spray cans and laid out some colors on the hilt! I did SOME weathering, but there is still more to do.

What do you think?

PVC-LS_20b.jpg
    PVC-LS_21.jpg
    PVC-LS_22.jpg
    PVC-LS_23.jpg
    PVC-LS_24.jpg

That's a good color palette you've got going there. At first glance, I thought your emitter was actually made of solid copper.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks SS! After I add some weathering, I'm hoping this will look even more like real copper in the flesh. Imagine though how cool a solid copper emitter would be! ... And how expensive ...

I would not have guessed that parts were made of plastic if not hinted at in the Thread title...excellent work at forming the emitter and big thumbs up for the metallic colors.

Thought I'd add some pieces I've finally worked on.
    Here's the blade plug! Made from salvaged parts from a DVD ROM tray and a custom copper gasket... oh and a small piece of extra blade.
    bladeplug_01.jpg
    bladeplug_03.jpg
    bladeplug_02.jpg
    bladeplug_04.jpg

Very cool work, this is the first time I have seen it and yes the copper work really looks good. Also nice work on the the blade plug!

Nice saber you have there. Small confession on my part... As much as I like the colorized version from these newest posts,
    I was also kinda really digging the 3rd image in post # 9. That white with black accents made the saber look like something
    I would expect to see hanging on a Storm Trooper's uniform. Also have to agree with setelf, the blade plug is awesome.

Do you hear that?
    That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way.