Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noob of the day requesting help

I've had it done a little while now, but here are some pictures. Thanks again for your help FJK. Things went together really smoothly with only a few challenges. Like trying to tighten that AV switch. Tape on the top of it really helped

10472231_10100451005499060_369952309_n.jpg
    10490178_10100451005898260_702538846_n.jpg

The only thing I have left to do is add the power extender, which was out of stock when I ordered. I've configured it internally to make it easy to swap out the green tri-rebel with a deep red rebel, and I've ordered a royal blue rebel so I can do the same. Honestly, the red looks a bit goofy with the handle design and the green AV switch. I have plans to make a more Sith styled one as the dent in the chequing account diminishes, and for now I'm going to turn my attention toward making a stunt showpiece only. I'm going to find a nice piece of wood and carve it into a stunt Katana-style hilt. Since the LED could overheat, being wood, I'm only going to use a momentary switch in the circuit so I don't leave it on too long....but I think the design is worth attempting

Looks good. I'm glad to hear it was fairly easy for you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com