Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Lightsaber Build - Highly modified MHS

Also I think this one deserves way better sound when you could get to that point. =] Just a thought.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Agreed - most excellent work for a first saber!
    If you ever decide to revise it, I would suggest going with a NB at the very least.
    LOCKHEED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkPhoenix View Post
    how did you get the activation button where it is? Did you have to go through some of the threads?
    Yes, I did have to drill through the threads. I had to sand them down afterward to get to come apart and back together. But there was no other way to get the look I wanted. My goal from the beginning was to make a saber that was unlike any other I ever saw.

Sweet. Great first.

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Agreed - most excellent work for a first saber!
    If you ever decide to revise it, I would suggest going with a NB at the very least.
    I will upgrade later to a PC or a NB. It will certainly make my internal rooming issue much less problematic. I had an old MR Darth Vader lightsaber with a broken blade that I took the soundboard out of. I have the sound board, a 9 volt battery and a 5v regulator inside the handle. I was trying to do things as inexpensive as I could. But it takes up a lot of room.
    Last edited by Jedihrak; 06-01-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Argh I wish I could make that as my first saber. That's awesome.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

I like it very cool.

The cuts on the shroud look so clean. How long did that take to get it looking so good?

Great saber! what did you use for shroud material?
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar-Gnar Gin View Post
    Great saber! what did you use for shroud material?

I used the MHS Sleeve material. It was all shiny and it didn't look right. I use fine sandpaper to give it a brushed Aluminum look to it.

It wasn't easy making the shroud to look just right. I had a Dremel tool with a sanding head on it. I would roughly sand it down to the correct shape. And then hand sand it with fine sand paper till it was correct.