Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Lightsaber Build - Highly modified MHS

Default First Lightsaber Build - Highly modified MHS

Hello All,

Here is my first attempt at building a lightsaber of my own design. It is using the MHS system for the main body with a saber shroud over the top of it. It has the MR Darth Vader soundboard in it and uses one of the MR LED blades. It is much nicer than the single LED blades since it looks like it is going in and out of the hilt. The blade is removable with the help of a quick disconnect cable. And since it is an LED saber blade and is removable, I can change the color with other LED blades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02q...ature=youtu.be

saber 017.jpg

As you can see it is similar to a Graflex at the top. But it has a much more "Buck Rogers" look to the way the top incorporates into the activation box and lower hilt. I always liked sabers with the crystal showing. For this I have a real white quartz crystal with a blue LED. This is attached to one of the saber LED lights and activates when the blade ignites.

crystal.jpg

Most of the saber is made up of MHS parts and then with the custom saber guard over the top. The only power tools I used was a Dremel tool and hand drill.

saber 018.jpg

let me now what you think!

saber 021.jpg
    Last edited by Jedihrak; 06-01-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Nice work! It came out great for your first build.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Love it! Shroud is awesome! Is that Emitter from TCSS? would love to grab that

Quote Originally Posted by JMurphy View Post
    Love it! Shroud is awesome! Is that Emitter from TCSS? would love to grab that
    Yes, that looks like Blade Holder #25.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Very cool! Definitely a great first build to be proud of
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Very awesome. Has some Starkiller influences I think plus some classic Graflex influences for sure.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

how did you get the activation button where it is? Did you have to go through some of the threads?

Very cool. That shroud is ridiculous, in the very best way.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Awesome, I like the shroud and the way you did the crystal chamber! This saber would even make an experienced sabersmith proud, for a first build it's amazing!

That is a great looking lightsaber! The composition is amazing, shroud to activation box to crystal chamber, it really draws the eye along its frame to admire the details.