Thread: New (ish) Sith saber

Default New (ish) Sith saber

Howdy,
    Its been awhile since I posted anything with pics of my own work. So I thought this would be one of those "note worthy" hilts to do exactly that with. However I will let all of you decide.
    I said new (ish) in the title because the hilt itself has been sitting on the display for a time wit a green blade and button. Recently I decided I need a red lightsaber for when I have those random "Sithy" moments
    As well my vision of a suitable Sith hilt would be simple to the point built for the purpose of combat, gutting unsuspecting Jedi and bad drivers I went on to the forums and was asking about finding some sith text script. A very nice person (Silver Serpent cause he's awesome like that) pointed me in the direction of some very suitable samples, and walla I have some (some what decent) Sith looking script on my hilt. Long winded as I am here's the specs:
    All MHS/TCSS Parts
    CF 6.1 SB,
    Fonts : Vader, Shatterpoint, Bane, Brawler, Flourish, Rage
    RRW Tri-Rebel
    7.4 Lit-ion, in hilt recharge
    2 watt bass speaker
    Custom Weathering
    SD card access in pommel
    Pics:

Good work!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

nice work!

I love the inscription!
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Nice hilt... did you acid etch the lettering or do some dremel engraving?
    Methinks I see some hebrew-esque lettering in there... so the sith font is based on/borrows some of the letters? If so, I will never look at Yom Kippur services the same way again...

I like it! Definitely great work on the fonts. And the weathering! That's one mean package of Sithy sound fonts too!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

It looks to me like it was hand engraved, but I'm curious to know for sure. It looks very nice either way.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

So some of the characters have a "Hebrew-esque" back ground, in fact from what I read on the site the main parts of the letters came from the Hebrew alphabet. As for the etching itself, a few of the harder characters were done by hand. the others were done with an etching tool purchased at home depot a few years ago. Usually just got used to put my makers mark in the pommels of sabers I have built. I printed out the characters after writing out the text and cut them into strips to etch through. When I was done used a tooth pick dipped in Birchwood Casey's aluminum black, and ran it through the letters to blacken them out. As for the rest of the hilt, mainly it was just one of those ones that sat on the display crying out "I am not done" lol so I finished it...sort of. I plan on doing some more etching when I get the printer back up and running. Maybe a few strands down the back opposite the control box.
    Thanks for all the looking. I dig this one myself, definitely a keeper me thinks

Nice saber. Any Sith master would be proud. XD That red blade looks amazing too.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-