Thread: Saberforge led for MR conversion?

Default Saberforge led for MR conversion?

Would anyone happen to know if the Saberforge led units are compatible with the TCSS conversion kits?

I was looking at throwing a 10w purple on a Mace I was getting started on...

thanks in advance!
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.

As far as I know, the answer is no. And Saberforge isn't a company's name that should be mentioned in these parts.

Also "purple" isn't a standalone color. It's a mixture of Red and Blue.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-23-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

10-4 on the company name...

I was just going off the description in the drop down menu. I mean, if there was an led unit that was already parallel wired for me, I figured why not: I guess half the fun is messing with the resistors to get the perfect shade anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny Rection View Post
    I was just going off the description in the drop down menu. I mean, if there was an led unit that was already parallel wired for me, I figured why not: I guess half the fun is messing with the resistors to get the perfect shade anyway.
    You could just as easily use a Tri-Rebel and wire the Red and Royal Blue in parallel (and resistor the Red appropriately).

I don't know if your board (depending on what it is) can handle the current to 2 LEDs though.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I was looking at preserving the MR Mace board: was there more math I need to do to assure I dont fry the board if I go with the tri-rebel?

my plan was to do a straightforward conversion, put in the blade holder and new led.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The Tri-Reb will work well. You'll get an Amp from that board.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Copy that, LDM: I'll place my order this week and I'll be sure to come back to the forum if I run into any snags, thanks again.