Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NB issues

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    Ahhh! I totes understand! thanks man ! now this leaves the question of which switch I should get, there's a couple momentary "standard" style switches in the store so should I get the SPST or the SPDT?
    For what you want the SPST would be the way to go. Could you post a link to what you specifically have in mind?
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-24-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Looks good to me.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Sweet! I'll tell ya how it goes

Alrighty, update time! Well I had it working perfectly on my work table all wired up after using the correct switch but when I went for the final assembly the sound stopped working :/ the led still works but now instead of a boot sound the led flashes real quick and it's quiet, I can still turn it on and off properly but there is no sound. I've checked and all the solder connections appear to be okay so I'm just concerned I didn't accidentally fudge up the board or something
    Last edited by Kendrick; 05-31-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Sounds like you are causing a ground or something when you install it. IF everything works outside the hilt, the something has to be "going wrong" (board or exposed wires/solder joints touching the inside of the hilt) when you install everything.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

There was something wrong in the wire connecter, probably a result of poor cram fu! I fixed it.. Now on a somewhat unrelated note do you have a good tip for mounting the board on my battery pack?

Are you using a chassis?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrick View Post
    No I am not :0
    That could be a big part of the problem, what DO battery solution (and any holder) do you have?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines