Thread: Another NB V2 wiring check!

Default Another NB V2 wiring check!

Hello all,

After some many years on here I've finally gotten around to building my first MHS saber. I've built a sinktube and PVC saber with hasbro econo boards. Now I'm ready to wire up my NB V2. I've read and researched and done my homework. After some more reading I had to re-draw my diagram and move some wires. I'm gonna use a Rb/G/G tri rebel for whatever Cyan comes out of it with green FoC. I only have some resistor Questions as well.

Is it better to use resistors(I have 1ohm 2w resistors for the main LEDs and a .5ohm 1/2w for the FoC) or use the drive and fdrive parameters on the board with the Rb and G leds?

Thanks everyone in advance for any help.

NB V2 wiring diagram.jpg

First off, Welcome to the Forums.

You would need a resistor for the rB AND the G, since you'll be wiring those in parallel. Whatever resistor you use for the main, you would use for the FoC as well. You can use a .5 Ohm 1/2W for each of the three LED's.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks FJK

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the correct resistors to use and what the different LEDs can handle. Thats cool I can use the .5ohm 1/2w resistors. Those 1ohm 2w are huge. I actually have .47ohm 1/2w would that make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by sks1138 View Post
    Thanks FJK

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the correct resistors to use and what the different LEDs can handle. Thats cool I can use the .5ohm 1/2w resistors. Those 1ohm 2w are huge. I actually have .47ohm 1/2w would that make a difference?
    Those would be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Thanks for the quick replies.

Is my wiring diagram ok?

Quote Originally Posted by sks1138 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Is my wiring diagram ok?
    Yes, it looks good.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines