Thread: New heat sink v4 with which blade holders?

Default New heat sink v4 with which blade holders?

Can the v4 heat sink be used with any of the blade holders? I can only see the v2 and v3 listed as an option connected to the different holders, so unsure what purpose the v4 is for.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...k-V4-P841.aspx

ALL the blade holders are now "New Style" so don't let that part of the description mess with you (old style was a few years ago)

Now about the v4.. So far as I'm aware it's simply a smaller form factor heat sink designed for the standard Tri-rebel/cree led's we use in sabers. It's shorter so more for builds that may be tight on space where as the traditional sized heat sink alternately provides far better dissipation..

So unless you need the v4 I'd just stick to the v3 (as long as you plan to use a Tri-rebel). I hope this helps.

*don't forget the thermal tape*
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Thanks dgdave, I wasn't sure if it was suitable for all of the holders the other versions suited or not, looks like it is. I'm working out layout of internals and the v4 might let me place buttons higher than I could otherwise. I might get one of each version and see what fits best when I have all the parts together. Thanks!