Thread: What kind of LEDs do the Hasbro UFX lightsabers use?

Default What kind of LEDs do the Hasbro UFX lightsabers use?

Does anyone know? I bought some Green, 5mm LEDs that looked like the right size, shape, and internal works for a UFX lightsaber but they weren't even close to being the right color or brightness when I connected them to the LED strip.

I know this is a forum for people who are moving away from UFX to better, custom sabers but I just want to fix my son's toy. Can anyone tell me what kind green LED to buy for his UFX Luke Skywalker lightsaber?

You might want to try over on FX-Sabers. They may have more knowledge of the specifics of UFX sabers. You may wind up having to replace all of them, or it might be better for you to try and convert the saber to a (what we call standard) setup of just a bright LED int he hilt and a hollow blade that is removable and can stand up to some moderate dueling.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

In the meantime, if anyone here happens to know I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Guys, I am having some trouble too. I bought a 5mm LEDs blue and I tested it right away, at first it seems smooth but it went dull and the color is not that bright. My other concern also is the LED temperature its so hot. Hope some of experts here would enlighten us.

George, that's standard behavior if you're giving the LED too much current or voltage. The LED is in the process of burning out. You need to regulate the power to the LED, typically with a resistor.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I believe you will have a very hard time trying to "match" those LEDs I doubt anyone knows for sure what they are, though you could try contacting the manufacturer (Hasbro). However If I recall correctly, the UFX are the toy models (I don't personally own any).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com