Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Brass Series Saber #28 (BS-28)

Again excellent work, I am inspired again to do a build with some sink tube and MHS, in fact I have a PC 2.0 that will need a home soon. So I'm thinking doing a build similar to yours would be a lot of fun. Kind of a way to get back to the "old days" LOL
    That's when you know you are hooked even after you decided not to do too much saber stuff anymore. Someone inspires you and you are off daydreaming again :0

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Obi Don View Post
    Ultrasabers has a similar pommel that is MHS compatible. http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p...l-guardian.htm
    Don't shoot the messenger .They make decent stuff.
    Though they claim it's MHS compatible, it isn't always the case. Also this forum is attached to a store, so please do not post links to other "competitive" companies here.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yeah I tried one of my old TCSS pommels I still have from my first build on one of their sabers and its not like, wide enough I guess you can say. I wouldn't really test it.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Though they claim it's MHS compatible, it isn't always the case. Also this forum is attached to a store, so please do not post links to other "competitive" companies here.
    My apologies if I went against policy but if it's not a part that Tim sells I don't see how it hurts his business.
    Still I take your point and will refrain in the future.
    Don
    Sith Happens

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Obi Don View Post
    My apologies if I went against policy but if it's not a part that Tim sells I don't see how it hurts his business.
    I understand that as a "newer person" you would't necessarily see or understand why there would be a possible issue, that's why I mentioned it. Likewise I am not even going to try to cram 5+ years of history into a wall of text to explain it all.

That particular part is offered every now and then as a special run on FX-Sabers (by a different company), the difference is that run part IS basically guaranteed to be compatible with MHS parts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

First I can't believe I missed this one from one of the GREAT hand shroud builders of our era!.. Once more just a terrific build with wonderful symmetry and flow.. Just perfect with the T cut out (to simulate the visor.. Oh hell yeah so sweet)

@ don

What FJK says is true and also just common courtesy (it's standard forum etiquette that here on the "corvette" forums.. We just don't talk about the cheap knock off "mustangs").

Sure they go faster then standing still but side by side it's obviously ZERO comparison (A saber is the same and Tim/Tcss's machining is spot on digitally and far far superior to the overseas machiner's // slave labor used by some of those other... Companies)

So people will say things are "cheap or nice"... Well tcss parts are "affordable" but that's different when someone says "cheap" and cheap is exactly that..

So just remember your teachings.. "Caveat emptor" (it basically means.. Your going to get what you pay for) and with some of those budget companies boy do you ever

____
    ____ FJK wasn't trying to be mean or short. He was only saying it because there are multitudes of threads where people have issues with incompatible parts or pieces with stuck threading which can potentially destroy (or seal) your baby away.. Forever

Look around and see some of the crazy ways people are forced to use when they screw up the threads on parts.. It's just not worth it when you'll just have this company point the finger at the other one.. (And vice versa but where is your saber in all this.. Limbo)

I really hope that helps!

____

And I apologize to my brother Jay gon for the derailing of his thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"