Thread: First Build Question: UFX and LED concerns

Default First Build Question: UFX and LED concerns

Hello all,

As this is my first time posting, I want to begin by expressing my admiration for this community--your combined love for all things Star Wars, willingness to help each other, and the very welcoming approach you all have for saber builders of all levels is a refreshing sight in this Mos Eisley-esque realm called the Internet.

So, after a terrible event involving a Luke UFX saber and an ill-timed drop on an ill-placed banister, and the rediscovery of my childhood saber in the attic (a 1997 Kenner Luke hilt with a Vader emitter/red blade), I'm jumping in to saber building myself. I'm planning on using PVC as it's a low-cost option and easier to work with (I want to recreate the aforementioned childhood saber), and I managed to salvage the entirety of the electronic guts from the UFX saber, aside from the LED strip.

Long story short, I would like to use a green Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module in this build. As I'd like to keep this as simple as possible, can I just wire the LED module directly to the board, or will I need other materials to make this work? I'm not changing the power set-up--sticking to the 3 AAs that the UFX was designed to use (again, this is meant to be as simple as possible, as this is my first real foray into electronics outside of replacing dead save batteries in old Gameboy carts).

Thank you all for your time, help, and consideration.

-Mad

Sorry for the noob question. Via reading various threads, I found exactly what I needed.

Welcome to the Forums! Glad to hear that you found what you needed.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com