Thread: Chassis

Default Chassis

So, once I get settled in to my new apartment in a few months, I'm finally going to be buying the parts I need to make my Crystal Focus 7 saber. However, I am super paranoid about chassis parts, mainly that I am going to buy the wrong thing. My question is this; which discs do I need to buy to actually keep everything locked together. I have the PC 18650 combo discs(just a bit of modding to make a CF fit right) and the Speaker Holder 4, but which disc would I get to actually keep everything all nice and not sliding about everywhere?

If you use speaker holder #5, that would solve most of your problems.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I did think about that one, but I wanted to be able to have the bottom half of the saber slide off to gain access to the recharge port, and that holder prevents that.

Then you would have to secure it at the other end, sounds to me like you'll need to use some metal disks. Seeing the design would be helpful.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Yes, that is true, lemme pull it up:

It's a 4 inch fluted section, followed by the double male extension, then 4 inch plain section. On the double male will be a Graflex clamp, with the switches mounted on that... somehow

You will likely have to put the disk between the double male and the 4" plain section, somehow.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I think FJK is right...I'd suggest you use a threaded metal disk http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ch...le-4-P793.aspx between the double male and plain 4" to lock the chassis in place. You could then use the speaker mount #4 and the disks with recharge port http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...t-S8-P772.aspx in front of the spkr mount allowing easy access to the recharge port by simply unscrewing and removing the rear section whenever you wish and you could mount the PC soundboard either directly in front of the recharge port disks or forward of the threaded disk in the 4" plain df section, depending upon where you want to place whatever you choose for your battery solution, which you did not specify.

Good luck with your build.