Thread: Minicam Flash Tube Build

Default Minicam Flash Tube Build

So i purchased a Minican flash unit month ago with the intent on doing a very New Hope'esque build. Let me say after getting the flash and checking it out its beautiful. Brushed metal is very smexy,
    also all the screws are brass.once i disassembled the tube i was pleased with the gubbins inside. This chnaged the course of the build a bit. Now i plan on using the Stainless stock as my activator.
    In the tube is a large bakelite section that holds the bulb and its bits. The lower but of the bakelite section houses the switch, here i can put in a small micro switch with little modification.
    I also purchased blade holder # and sink tube coupler. The sink tube coupler required a bit of dremel work to make a snug fit. To mask where the blade holder and extension meet,
    i will use some adhesive 3M carbom fiber tape. This will keep it in line with the orginal flash tube as it has a small black ring at its top. I also have covered the camera mount box in plastic sheet
    also covered in carbom fiber.
    I intend to install a recharge port in the box unit and a tri-Led Power level indicator on the opposite side of the main switch.
    Now onto the pommel; i putchased the D-ring insert and will use just the mount to place on the bottom. Sound holes will be drilled around the base and fine Screen mesh will be put inside for accent.
    electronics are still up in the air.

Gland to see someone else using a Minicam Flash, They're beautiful little flashes and they are great for a small kids' size saber. I'm using two of them to make sabers for my 2yr old and her friend.
    When you say "sink tube coupler" do you mean this?: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...pter-P396.aspx
    it doesn't look like it from your photo, I don't see the tapered part. I'm curious to see the parts you used, do you have photos of the parts disassembled?
    The ID of my Minicam is about 1.11", so I was planning on using this 1.18 non-MHS blade holder inserted into the Mincam 3/4 of the way in and cutting the end of it in the shape of a graflex flash.

not i used this http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...pter-P162.aspx
    had to sand it to fit and also thin the minicam inner wall a smidge.

I picked up the one that was just on ebay (the one in your photo) and now I see the difference. There are two types, Master and the Junior. No wonder I couldn't understand how you fit a sink tube adapter inside it.

The diameter of the Junior is the same as the bottom tip of the Master. They'll both make nice sabers.

awesome nice visual reference. my fav part is the stepped pommel.