Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NB 2amp output

IMG_1986.jpg IMG_1987.jpg

Just thought Id try both and show the comparison. Left one is all 3 in parallel and the right is just two. Theres the proof 2 is better 3 with the nano
    Last edited by Star Bird; 05-04-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    I can light a small city with my board

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    IMG_1986.jpg IMG_1987.jpg

Just thought Id try both and show the comparison. Left one is all 3 in parallel and the right is just two. Theres the proof 2 is better 3 with the nano
    Thank you, thank you... I'll be here all week.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Wow, actually both are quite bright!!! That's a blade which should come with protective Googles...

I have to make by the way a correction to what I've written before. I was curious about the 2A Limitation we had been discussing, so I asked Erv as the only source of truth when it comes to his products. As Forgetful Jedi Knight mentioned absolutely correctly, 2A is not a limitation. Technically it's a so called absolute Maximum Ratings, which means if the user/application goes above this value, there is no garantee the device will work and damage might occur. But the current flowing will be determined by the load you apply, so you have to ensure no more than 2A through all your LEDs (despite of the substantial safety margin of the driver).
    Of course with increasing current the voltage drop over the wiring will increase as well (wires can be considered resistors, U=I*R), reducing the voltage to the LEDs, which in turn reduces their intensity. It would be quite interesting to measure the voltage between the anode and cathode of the LEDs in the 2 and 3 LED setups of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi1 View Post
    I was curious about the 2A Limitation we had been discussing, so I asked Erv as the only source of truth when it comes to his products.
    Which is how I know what I know about his products as well.

With the limited amount of wiring involved in a saber, the voltage drop is negligible because you're basically talking about less than 6 inches of wire involved in the circuit.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-07-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

One thing to note for Tri Rebel setups with FoC. If you're using a Power Xtender for NB FoC (and you really must), while a small amount of board current is used via the FoC pad to activate the Power Xtender, the main drive current for the FoC is drawn directly from the battery, bypassing the board itself. Bear that in mind when making your calculations.