Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My MHS Luke ROTJ project

J-pin plugs are awesome for saber wiring. I scavenged a bunch of them out of a couple of dead PCs for use in my saber. Instead of buying a fancy DIY kit though I just picked up a PBC-mount 10-pin IDC and hacked it up to make a wiring harness. Since all my switches and stuff are in the foregrip and the guts in the lower part, it makes it easy to disconnect it all to access the electronics without having to mess with taking the switches out of their mount holes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordArgyll
    ...it makes it easy to disconnect it all to access the electronics without having to mess with taking the switches out of their mount holes.

Exactly!

And say you want a certain saber to have a Sith board in it, but you installed a Jedi board already...

Just unplug it and swap'em! Just as if it were an LED. That's provided you wire all your sabers the same way... You really should sit down and really think about the best way to wire your saber. It's just as, if not more important than the saber its self.

Edit:
    More pics!

Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

dang, that first pic with it on looked just like the MR. then i realized it was yours
    great work firebird
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Maul, I think you should have said "dang, that first pic with it on looked just like the MR. then i realized it wasn't a piece of crap"......... haha. Just kiddin'. I like the MR stuff for the most part. Again, great job on the saber Firebird.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

the only thing really different is the space beetween the switch box and the pommel. i like it better that way though cause it gives you more room to grab on
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

It also helps the balance.

The center of gravity with Tim's blade is 1 inch from the emitter on the blade. If, for some dumb reason, I wanted to use an MR blade it would be about 1 inch into the hilt. Not too bad for not planning it.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

hey FB what is the length of that adapter for your pommel?

BLUE 3- Ready

Firebird, I wanted to ask you:

Do you have the MR board mounted on top of your battery pack? If so, how do you get it to fit inside the MHS section? I have a AA NiMH pack, and it won't go in the MHS section with the MR board mounted on top. I hate to have to sacrifice more room mounting it someplace else, but I was wondering ow you solved the dilemma. Is that pack smaller than a standard AA 2+2 pack?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's not an MR board ( ) ... and the whole board isn't over the battery pack. It's sitting on it like a ledge. With the pommel adapter you can see it just fits there.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by vortextwist
    hey FB what is the length of that adapter for your pommel?

The overall length of this setup is 1-5/16" not including the threads. That's when screwed in.