Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: My MHS Luke ROTJ project

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

cool thanks, FB

BLUE 3- Ready

that luke rotj looks damn guid if you tell me how to post pictures i will send in pics of my luke rotj so we can compare the MR one to the custom made 1.
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Name: Drew/ An You
    Height:short :/
    Religeon: buddhist
    Preffered saber colour: purple (Prrrpll YUM!lol)
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

We all can find pics of the MR luke... it's not like they're a super exclusive that only 10 in the world own.

I also told you to look in the FAQ... or even searching would yield the topic on pictures that came up in the first weeks of the forum.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Quote Originally Posted by kinchar bamin
    that luke rotj looks damn guid if you tell me how to post pictures i will send in pics of my luke rotj so we can compare the MR one to the custom made 1.
    Thanks!

I can tell you all that's inaccurate about it...

1. Not enough ribs.
    2. Ribs are too fat.
    3. Recessed groves are not supposed to be "V" shaped.
    4. The diameter is small.
    5. It's too long.
    6. There's no ring behind the Activation Box.
    7. The Pommel is not proportionate to the body.
    8. The color of the emitter is wrong.
    9. The emitter is incorrect (Tim has a more accurate one, but I like this one better)
    10. It has a Recharge Port.
    11. The silver ring between the Ribbed section and the Emitter isn't big enough and it's on the part. (It's on the emitter not the Ribbed section)
    12. It has a movie accurate ignition.

And that's just comparing it to the MR version... But this is about as accurate as the MHS parts will get (excluding he emitter) and maybe closer than Tim might like. (But there's 12 reasons to tell the man to GFY )

But this is my pride and joy. Very expensive project that took a lot longer than I expected, but I now have a scratch built saber that I can be proud of and I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Edit: And by "the man" I don't mean Tim. If you don't know who I'm talking about don't worry about it.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

I would find bigger ribs better than the MR fx ones because on the MR saber, the ribs hurt my hands if I hold it long enough and the activation box takes up most of the space on the hilt where you need 2 grip it so a longer hilt would be more efficient. infact, your hilt seems 2 be more efficient than the MR. is the blade detatchable?
    --------------------------------------An You------------------------------------------
    Favorite alien species: Twi'lek (Oh, yes. Wormheads. Twin tendrils off head. Females much yum-yum!) "ROFLcopters"

I find this very comfortable to handle. And the added space at the pommel makes it easier to handle for both balance and hand grip area.

The biggest problem I have right now is that "Key". I havn't gotten around to making a good one yet so that contraption in the pics is what I'm still using and it can cut you if you're not carefull.

Yes the blade is detachable.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

cool

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by kinchar bamin
    i already told ya how to post pics kinchar
    and xwing told you how to as well
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

that luke rotj looks damn guid Very Happy if you tell me how to post pictures i will send in pics of my luke rotj so we can compare the MR one to the custom made 1.
    Bad Slang! And really! Read the FAQ before asking how to do a basic something before asking how like a gazillion times!!!

(By "my luke rotj", do you mean an MR? ::sigh:: )

I am getting pissed by this guy/girl...

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

maul and elrond getting annoyed? I've not been here that long, but even I know that's not a good sign.

Damn, I just realised this could be considered off-topic postwhoring... wont do it again.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger