Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My MHS Luke ROTJ project

Default My MHS Luke ROTJ project

Well I got my saber parts in, gave it a quick assembly just to light it up and marval at it...

But now I'm in a delema.

I want to put a recharge port on it, but after grabbing a size N Plug and stuff, I found out that there is almost no place to put it. It ether interferes with the location of the battery pack, (2 MHS Extensions) or just doesn't belong where the battery isn’t. (The ribbed section) Also, it will have a speaker in the pommel, so that's out.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a better, smaller option for a recharge port, or setup, that would work for this?

Another problem that may arise is, does the MR S/B and Corbin's Driver fit into the MHS Ribbed section? Because this is the only place I'm going to be able to put it... So if it don't fit... That's going to suck. I haven’t gotten ether of these yet, but do plan on doing it in the near future.

I will try to get some pics up soon. I plan on polishing the aluminum and then Powder Coating probably the entire thing. I still have to check on prices and feasibility of what I want done.

I'm going to check on the availability and selection of Copper colors for the Emitter and I'm going to P/C the ribbed section black, polish the ribs (or give them a brushed look), then Clear P/C the rest of it for protection.
    Read the Thread Index. because Lord Maul fixed it...

Hmmm,
    If it won't fit, consider using only the MR sound board. You can use it with a relay, to get full mA to a K2.
    Can you do a recharge port in the switch box?

I'm doing my first rechargeable setup this weekend.

MC

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow
    Can you do a recharge port in the switch box?

MC

I had actually thought of that, but what I have for plugs just doesn't fit inside the box.

If anyone knows of a plug setup that would fit in there I'd love to put it on the back side of it!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, I'm doing a funky little project today... I pulled apart and rewired a MR 3AA battery pack to have the 5 pins of a 6AA and a recharge port.

Really a jack is just for looks... and since it isn't really that important I wired a quick connect as the "port". Also any mono/stereo plug would work too. A 3/32" jack is pretty small.

As for other fit issues... Corbin's board will not fit in the ribbed extension as it needs sanding to fit in the normal section. You will probably need to use 4AAA and stack the boards above that.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

What LED ya puttin in there bud?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

It's a 3w LED.

Well that stinks about the Driver...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why does it stink? Unless you bought the rechargeable pack in anticipation...

You should be fine with 4AAA in the first section then stack the MR with Corbin's in the second. The ribbed extension would remain empty unless you want to try a fifth AAA up there.

It'd be tight but doable.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Oh Crap! Apparently you can't charge the Battery Pack threw the resistor... Der...

I just lost some magic smoke.

Edit: The reststor got so hot it desoldered it right off!
    What do you need that thing for anyways?

I already got the Pack, but I suppose I could just cram some AAA rechargables in my other Pack and put the new one in my old MHS.

Dude, I would say you need to get your sound and battery up in the ribbed section. Do you have both the corbin and the MR boards?
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Quote Originally Posted by james3
    Dude, I would say you need to get your sound and battery up in the ribbed section. Do you have both the corbin and the MR boards?
    I don't have ether right now. Tim was (is) out of S/B's and I only had so much to spend at one time. But the plan is to have both of them.