Thread: Petit Crouton wiring clarification

Default Petit Crouton wiring clarification

Need a quick clarification on something i'm seeing in the owners manual for the petit v3. Got my parts in for saber number 2 using the newer parts that have come available since I came back to the saber scene. I'm using a petit v3 for this saber and need a quick clarification on what i'm seeing in the owners guide.

In the guide I see only one hole designated for the ignition switch and one for an aux switch. I plan on using the jst connectors sold here on the site to connect the switches to. Being that I see only one hole/lead designated for the ignition switch and one for the aux switch, do I just stick both wires of the jst in the single hole and solder it that way or how would I distribute them? Noob question i'm sure but never worked with the petit so wanted to be sure so i don't fry the board. Other than knowing how to solder the jst connectors for the switches i'm good to go. Thanks in advance folks.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

There's one positive connection per switch, and they share a negative/ground.

This JST was designed for such a connection. Soldier one red wire onto the Activation switch tab, solder the other red to the Auxillary switch tab, and then the black onto the negative/ground.

If you're using 2 JSTs, the idea is the same. One red to Activation, the other red to Auxillary, both blacks to the negative. It's more of a pain to do that way, but will work all the same.

Also, on the PC's, solder to the surface of the board, not through the holes.