Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: NB problem

Thanks Obi1. I'll try that once I get the circuit back together.
    D

Small update. I wired it back together with new wires outside the chassis. I also cleaned up the soldering on the NB connections. It seems to be charging now, showing a red light on the charger instead of green. And after 30 minutes of charging it stopped rebooting. So it appears the reboot was due to a low battery. I checked it with the meter after charging and it was getting 3.2 V on the main led. But I still don't know how it was draining power. The only parts excluded from the circuit this time were the accent leds from the crystal chamber. I'm going to pull that apart and redo it, probably even replace the leds in it just to be sure. I'd love to know what the problem was, but I'll be happy just getting it back in working order again and back on the mantle.
    D

Sounds like you might have had a bridge somewhere. Cleaning up your soldering might have resolved it, we'll have to see what happens when you re-install everything.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I seem to have got it working. It was doing the same thing outside the chassis with all components installed and rechecked for bridges. I noticed that when i had rewired it i had attached the pos lead for the NB and recharge port to the opposite side of the main resistor from the battery, the same side as the main led. Once i moved them back, it seems to have fixed it. Still charging to check. Would that trigger the undercurrent regulator? and i still dont know why it happened in the hilt. It was wired correctly and worked for months. Maybe the two ends of the resistor touched. Thats possible as it was in this "s" shaped packet in heatshrink.
    D

It's possible. Glad to hear you got it working!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com