Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NB problem

Thanks everyone. LDM wins I think. It was the battery PCB. I tried it with three other batteries and it worked fine with all of them. A quick battery swap out and it's back to life.
    D

New battery installed and its purring like a kitten. What a relief that i didnt have to rewire it.
    D

wow what a headache to go thru. Gratz. I know I would be utterly flummoxed.

Default Update

Well, it seems to have happened again. After a couple weeks on the shelf with the kill key inserted, the battery is completely drained. It doesn't seem to charge well either. Four hours on the charger (which said it was fully charged from the beginning) and it barely has power. The charger works fine with all my other sabers. And the battery was brand new. I checked the wiring and the setup is good. Besides, it worked fine for months. There must be a short somewhere. Could a short drain the battery with kill key in or fry the pcb on the li-ion cell?
    D

You may have a bad recharge port.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I have a slight glitch with my nano biscotti. It happened once yesterday and once today.

but everything is working great and then I loose sound, light still goes for about 3 more secs,then it reboots as if i just took the kill key out.(that process happens twice) then its back to working normal.

might be the premium speaker? I read a forum that sometimes those can be a problem with NBs or is it just a short in wire connected to the speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    I have a slight glitch with my nano biscotti. It happened once yesterday and once today.

but everything is working great and then I loose sound, light still goes for about 3 more secs,then it reboots as if i just took the kill key out.(that process happens twice) then its back to working normal.

might be the premium speaker? I read a forum that sometimes those can be a problem with NBs or is it just a short in wire connected to the speaker?
    You may just need to recharge your battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Sounds like what was happening to me. Charging definitely helps. My problem is figuring out how the battery is getting drained.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by dgregory View Post
    Sounds like what was happening to me. Charging definitely helps. My problem is figuring out how the battery is getting drained.
    Like I said earlier, you may have a bad recharge port, which isn't completely cutting off the power to your card - hence draining your battery, and not charging it completely (or properly).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I'll try swapping that out. Thanks FJK.
    D