Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: NBV2 Swing sound repeats over and over

I wasn't not listening to him. I was simply asking if what he was saying about the CS/NB/Prizm also applied to the PC. The boards he listed are not current regulated. The PC is, so I wasn't sure.

Sorry, I meant no offense, I just wanted to confirm:
    - that in my experience such behaviour is a supply/power related stuff.
    - yes, one of my PC based saber also had issues with it.

Although I do not have a proof here, I strongly suspect, that the current regulator is very similar to a power extended (a transistor switch), only that the gate voltage is regulated by the sensed current over a shunt (but this is only a speculation, could be that Erv now shakes his head and loughs...). So I think regulated or not will not cause here a difference.

Cheers!

Cvsickle's problem was more of a "the sensitivity wasn't properly tuned" kinda problem. Time to move along.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Council Member
    Jedi Master

If you're getting random swings over a certain current level on PC3 with CeX, on the main driver but not the CeX driver, then I would start looking for a short. Either at the LED or at the board. Or, and this would be rare, you have a board with a bad current regulator.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Like FJK said, my i parameter was set too high in an attempt to deal with poor board placement. This very high value was probably allowing very small vibrations from the onboard driver to register as swings. No longer seems related to this topic.

I had the same issue with my first build. Thankfully this forum exists. Lowered my overall sensitivity and it solved the swing sounds issue. Also, remember, do NOT do a quick format. Let it take it's time and do a slow format to delete all of the old files before putting new fonts on the SD card.