Thread: Switch Wiring Help!!

Default Switch Wiring Help!!

Hey guys! Its been a really long time since I've been in the saber scene and have recently made a comeback I see there's a lot of new stuff that has come out since I was last building sabers and the thing I really need help with right now is this Illuminated anti-vandal switch wiring. I've looked all over the forums and can't find anything that helps me specifically. From what I have seen so far this is what I've concluded is the proper wiring for what I am trying to do. I just need some help double checking it. Essentially I'm making just a basic stunt saber where the switch LED turns on and off with the Main LED. Please any help is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I've already fried one AV switch and most definitely do not want to do that again.

Here are the electronics:
    Luxeon Rebel Red LED
    Battery Pack with 2 Trustfire 14500 cells = 7.4V
    700mA Buckpuck
    20mA DynaOhm Resistor for the AV Switch
    16mm Illuminated AV Switch w/ Red Dot

Thanks!!

The LED will always be on in this configuration.

If you want the LED to come on only when the blade is on, and be off when the blade is off you will need to have the branch for your switch LED come off the NO1 terminal (the same one your blade LED and buckpuck are connected to) to your resistor and to the LED + terminal.