Thread: AOTC Yoda will not ignite!

Lightbulb AOTC Yoda will not ignite!

I just completed the wiring for my AOTC Yoda conversion: moment of truth, I flip the switch... nothing.

20140320_230937.jpg

my volt meter shows continuity from all the wires except for the purple wire leading to the clash sensor.

This may sound like a silly question: but is there a positive and negative on the clash sensor that I may have wired backwards?

I'm pretty sure that I got the wiring right, but im second guessing that clash sensor. When taking the saber apart, I took care to avoid crushing the clash while drilling out the pins.

Any ideas would be appreciated...
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.

Do you have fresh batteries in it?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Fixed it!

I went with Raynovac AAAs. I used brand new Kirklands in all my other sabers, but for some reason it wouldn't get Yoda to fire up. BATTERIES!!

I decided to remove the clash sensor, I'll get a new one someday, but for now, I needed to get Yoda off my bench.

Among other issues with ny cram-fu, it looks like the batteries and the clash were the problem. Thanks for the suggestion FJK. I appreciate it.
    Born July7, 2013 - Sentenced to die on October14, 2013
    Rest in peace my classy friend.