Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gnar-Gnar's PVC Builds

nice collection. I'm inspired.
    hand sanding takes forever!!
    Oh yeah!. I think I see a dremel-type addition to your work bench in the future.

These are some very impressive pvc sabers! Much cleaner than I am used to seeing.

Very nice PVC sabers. I like the color schemes.

Wow,

Thanks everyone for the kind words

these first 3 are part of an 7-8 saber run. I'm debating on calling my Noble run, or Naboo run (as I feel they have some nubian characteristics)

I built these first three to test out some different assembly/crafting techniques, and plan to build on what I've learned in each of the next 4 or 5 sabers, each one with it's own unique design, but sharing in the theme of the first 3. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them, and may try and incorporate them into the next builds. I've also started to work on the design elements of my next run, thinking of going OT style with more of power cell look.

Also I forgot to include a lit up picture! So here's one lit up

(taken with iPhone, did the best I could to get the lighting decent)

IMG_0225.jpgIMG_0231.jpg
    "NO! This one goes here, that one goes there"-H.S.

Saber building in a nut shell, as told by a smuggler

Appears to be a beautiful color for your blade. It seems to match well with that hilt.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I really dig the angle cut shroud pieces on the middle one. I also have to say using the belts for your leather is genius, great way to add some detail to a leather wrap and I'm guessing the belts hardly cost you anything. My first saber (a sink pipe mhs combo) had leather on it and I think I spent more money on the leather than any other single part of the build, and it didn't look nearly as cool as those belts. Great Work.

Wow! Those are quite possibly some of the nicest cleanest PVC sabers I've seen in quite some time!
    Very nice, clean cuts and amazing attention to detail!
    Hmm... gonna have to keep an eye on your work
    LOCKHEED

I would like to know more about the belts. How to you figure out how to cut the ends? to get the angle right and such

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    I would like to know more about the belts. How to you figure out how to cut the ends? to get the angle right and such
    From my understanding, going into technical build assembly is against the rules in the gallery section, however since there seems to be some interest, I'll try and put together some tutorials on different techniques for my builds.

Keep an eye out for them in the coming week or two, or three (it's final season at my university )

Got another one wired up today

IMG_0239.jpg