Thread: Nano Biscotte V2 wiring check

Default Nano Biscotte V2 wiring check

So, I am now the proud owner of a new Nano Biscotte V2 sound card. I am eager to get this baby in a build that has been sitting on my work bench for too long.

I am no expert at this saber smithing yet. The only other sound build I did was made with the Nano Biscotte V1 MWS version. I have read though the postings about the new model and am hoping that someone with a better understanding of electronics can look this over and make sure I interpreted the information right. I plan on using the new version the same way as the old one, WITHOUT FOC. I might tackle that in another build, but not this one.

Thanks in advance for any input, you guys are always a big help.

From the looks of it, it looks right to me. I take it you are using a single die main LED.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    From the looks of it, it looks right to me. I take it you are using a single die main LED.
    Yes. I am using a Rebel Star Green LED.

OK. Just remember to use the proper resistor, and you should be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yep, I have that, too.

Thank you much for your input.

Now, here we go.................................

Out of curiosity, why a resistor instead of the on-board "drive" parameter?

It's a Rebel green, you can use the drive parameter if you like. Set it to about 950, and it'll be fine. Or leave it running on full and get a little more brightness.

According to The Word of Erv (tm), "Always use a resistor." There are a few exceptions, and single-die cool-color Rebel LEDs with a single li-ion is one of them. You can still use a resistor if you want, and it'll add a small margin of safety to the LED, but it's not necessary in this particular case.

If you change the color of your LED to red or amber, switched to a different brand of LED, used a multi-die LED, or basically any change to the LED, then you'd need a resistor again.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

ss is right im using a cyan led on the v2 with no resistor. works great!!