Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Starwinder's Dark Empire saber - "Chosen Legacy"

Wow this saber looks impeccable!

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Thanks fellas! I'm happy with how it turned out!
    And proud you shall be It turned out great indeed.
    I really like that flat black combo with the shroud ^^

Those 2 years were really worth it
    Clicky Sig =>

Thanks for the kind words!

I've been trying to get a video of this to post, but when i was about to, a soldering joint on the recharge port broke. So i took the saber apart and fixed that. And then my computer broke. So obviously haven't been able to upload any videos (only on here through mobile and my computer at work). Anyway, hopefully my streak of broken things will turn around soon...
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Just wanted to give a quick update on this, since I recently upgraded this saber. I had been wanting to upgrade this one for awhile now since several internal design/wiring choices bothered me a little after first completing it. The main one was having the recharge port in the pommel, which made it difficult to access the SD card on the PC2.0 without twisting wires. Secondly, the mini speaker that was behind the recharge port was never really mounted well, and I was not a big fan of the sound output. It's not a bad speaker at all (I can see how it would be awesome for a MHSv2 hilt), but it would sound so much quieter next to my other sabers, and i thought it deserved more. And while I loved the PC2.0 board (my first PC that I had ever used), I had completed this build right after the PC3.0 was released, so it felt somewhat lacking in awesomeness.

So last month when the mini speaker started to go, I immediately took the chance to give this saber some fresh upgrades. The first thing to get changed out was the PC2.0 board to a PC3.0. Having 3 selectable fonts in one mid-range board is pretty amazing! And with 3 different banks, I was able to throw in some more customization by adding slight variations in the flicker as well as changing the switch accent LED pattern per font (solid on for bank 1, standard blinking for bank 2, random for bank 3). As i've said elsewhere, i'm not a huge fan of flash on clash, but since the PC3.0 has an onboard PEX, i thought, "what the heck" and wired up a Tri-Rebel RGB LED. Green is still the main blade color with blue as FoC, and i'm really happy with how it turned out. This was also my first time wiring a Tri-Rebel, and it was surprisingly so much easier than i was anticipating. I also swapped out the mini speaker for a premium one. And I went ahead and bought a Force Relics twin battery/PC3 chassis with speaker/recharge port cone for a much easier install. The cone solved my problem of SD card access while keeping the recharge in the pommel since the whole speaker/port assembly can be taken out of the hilt if needed. The only drawback to this was that the recharge port did not extend all the way to the pommel insert. I resolved this easily enough by making a slightly longer kill key out of two plugs.

I meant to take some pics of everything before installing, but I got swept up in wiring everything and completely forgot! Oh well...

NEW SPECS

- All MHS parts
    - custom MHS sleeve overlay
    - PC3.0 with the following fonts:
    - Font 1: Hero (with Bespin II boot) by Madcow
    - Font 2: Glare by LordBlako
    - Font 3: NICOLE 2.0 by Link
    - Tri-Rebel RGB LED (G main, B FoC) in V4 heatsink
    - Premium 28mm Speaker
    - Force Relics twin 14500 battery & PC3.0 chassis with speaker/recharge port cone
    - 7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 rechargeable battery pack
    - Switchcraft 2.1mm recharge port
    - short black momentary green ring AV switch
    - aux red momentary switch

Picture of the FR cone in hilt.

Pics of main blade and FoC:

Video soon hopefully!
    Last edited by Starwinder; 10-16-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Nice upgrades. I have always liked that saber of yours. It has a very clean and professional look to it.