Thread: Check Saber Wiring, Resistor???

Question Check Saber Wiring, Resistor???

So I have been thinking over options for wiring up a saber I will be gifting to my brother-in-law. I would like 3 Led's in total: The main green Led and then two accent led's, probably 5v led's I'm thinking. So I have a few questions here.
    1. How's the wiring diagram?

2. Do I need / should I have a resistor for each accent Led?

3. What ohm resistor do you suggest?

4. Will this setup drain the batteries even when the off switch is OFF. Opposed to a kill key, I think they are called?

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

SaberWireingDyagrame.jpg

Yes, you would need a resistor for each accent LED, especially if they will be different colors. Plus you would need to wire them in parallel, not serial as you have your diagram drawn.You can use this tutorial to help you make the calculations for the proper resistor.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...esistor-Values

Yes, there may be a little drain for the way you currently have your set up wired. It would be more pronounced if you were using a sound card. It depends on what types of batteries you are using. If you are using rechargeable batteries, you may want to consider using a kill key setup.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com