Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 51TH "Emerald" with Nano Biscotti v2 by LDM (see the NBv2 in action!!!!)

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Man i really like that emerald PC ... i'd love to see it used more (hint hint ). Great to see the NBv2 in action also; i can't wait to try it out!

On the subject of FoC, i'll say that i'm not a huge fan ... I think it's a nice feature on some of the sabers i own (not built by me) when used conservatively, that is, when the colors are a similar shade (e.g. blue/green). For me, it's about what looks "realistic" ... and it's not like in the movies you ever see Luke's saber flash orange or purple whenever he hits something or someone. I know it's a matter of personal preference and others feel the opposite and absolutely must have crazy color combos, because it really does look cool. Anyway, i think it's great that the NB2 supports FoC so there is the option to have it now for those who do want it.

You nailed it for me. That is why people often see white FoC from me. When used in combination with the blade color, it gives a "muted" blade color that flashes brighter for a second. My one weakness is Cyan blade with purple FoC...totally unrealistic, but they just look so darned "1984 Olympics" to me, lol.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I love the flash on class feature on the v2. I made a nice bright red one for my Darth Vader saber that I made out of my own 1" OD hilts.
    Last edited by Ripper; 05-08-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
    I love the flash on class feature on the v2. I made a nice bright red one for my Darth Vader saber that I made out of my own " OD hilts.
    It is indeed a great feature.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!