Thread: "Black Rose" by Yoshi-Taka

Default "Black Rose" by Yoshi-Taka

And now we delve a bit into my personal Star Wars canon..

Black Rose is a lightsaber that's been long in development. It was actually the reason I found the MHS builder and got into this hobby. Yoshi-Taka Nabiad is my character, obviously, and I had a vague idea for his saber but his master, Myou Anshin, needed a saber design as well. Hers was meant to have a shroud with an etched design to look like vines; literally a black rose. But I settled for the next best thing because that was too much work and I was too excited.

This saber technically wasn't entirely done by me. The design work and all the wiring of the JSTs was done by me. However, I have gained a pair of apprentices in the shop. They each have their own lightsabers which I built previously.. but I had one of them put Black Rose together. She was very excited to have done it, and I'm proud. She did all the connections and cram-fu (with my guidance, of course) and putting all the parts together. And it came out great, I think.

Anyway.. this is actually running a PCv2. Why am I only using one switch? Because I don't need aux. sounds, and didn't have access to another NBv1. Since NBv2 is coming... egg on my face for impatience. Oh well. I still love it, and the better current driver, which is necessary for the very rosy-pink blade. And to give it a better runtime, I did the single-cell mod. So it's got a much better run time than my other PC sabers.. even though the dice in the Tri-Reb are in parallel. >=[

SPECS
    --All MHS parts, including powder coating (black matte tuscan)
    --Petit Crouton V2.0 (Madcow's "Bespin II" soundfont), modded for single-cell battery
    --Yellow-ring LED AV switch
    --Yellow indicator/accent LED
    --Recharge port/gold kill key
    --Premium speaker
    --Covertec wheel
    --Gold 8-32 thumb screw
    --3.7v 18650 3400mA single-cell li-ion battery
    --Tri-Rebel RRW (RW mixed in parallel for rose-pink blade. Very bright. Very girly. Very freaking love it best blade I've ever had.)

PICS

VIDEO

Good job man. The pink blade looks lovely. If you want, i could buy a nbv2 and trade ya for the pc, since I am such a nice guy

Thank you. I'm very proud of the blade. I wish it would show up better in pictures, though. It kinda looks like this irl..

Except mainly that wonderful pink center is the full blade. Also, I don't think I would do that trade, although it's extraordinarily tempting. I'd have to change the design a bit for it. Hm... lemme get back to you on that.

Great looking saber, very clean. Love the name and the way it ties in.

Thank you. Eventually I'm going to redesign this saber and do what I intended with the vine etched shroud.

Another very nice saber. Very elegant. I also really like that font. Works well with the feel of the thing.

Honestly, it was a struggle to find a font I liked for this one. I wanted that particular power on, but I couldn't find a font that felt right. So I settled on Bespin 2, because it's closer to my personal favourite font (Vader OT).

See the addendum***

***See my previous comments on your work. Love, love, love it. That blade color is amazing. Very subtle.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    --Tri-Rebel RRW (RW mixed in parallel for rose-pink blade. Very bright. Very girly. Very freaking love it best blade I've ever had.)
    Word! lol Love how you got the blade color. I wish it did come out better on camera so it would be even more marvelicious ... but for now i'll be content to love the idea of it
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MandoJoe View Post
    See the addendum***

***See my previous comments on your work. Love, love, love it. That blade color is amazing. Very subtle.
    Thank you, my friend. I can assure you that the blade is anything but subtle in person. It's very pink for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Word! lol Love how you got the blade color. I wish it did come out better on camera so it would be even more marvelicious ... but for now i'll be content to love the idea of it
    I think this is the closest I can do to show off the pink...

Vader's Vault has their signature purple. I think I'm going to make this my signature pink. That's basically what the blade looks like, that nice shade of rosy goodness.

The wonders of colour mixing, yeah? Here's hoping future newbies come and see this instead of going with filters [shudder].