Thread: stock mr blade

Default stock mr blade

what are some tested methods of getting a mirror into the tip of an mr blade and what adhesives are used?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Hot glue on the mirror. Then push it up with a dowel.

This is what I do. I use the standard mirrors. It won't work with the adhesive disks. In that case putting it on an acrylic disk or something else is what you'd need to do.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

this is what i do even tho xwings suggestion is very good too. i just cut the tip off, and take all the stuff out of it and glue the mirror on and reglue it. hey heres a suggestion why not just go with tims blades? they are so much better.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I wouldn't recommend cutting it because A) MR blades are already short B) it has the potential for looking awful if you cut it or re-glue it badly.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

xwing you do know that the last inch of the difuser is rounded and therefore is the reason why you cant take it out. so thats why i cut it because 1) it makes it look better and 2) its easier to do, because you said to use hot glue and hot glue drys very quickly so by the time you get it up there the glue has dried and you cant glue it.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i cut the tip off mine with a band saw. my band saw has a little straight line guider thingamagig on it so my line was perfectly straight
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Default blade

ive already got another blade for it but im indian... i use everything for as long as its usable

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by 987654321a
    xwing you do know that the last inch of the difuser is rounded and therefore is the reason why you cant take it out. so thats why i cut it because 1) it makes it look better and 2) its easier to do, because you said to use hot glue and hot glue drys very quickly so by the time you get it up there the glue has dried and you cant glue it.
    That's why you work fast my friend. :P It's not like your threading a catheter or something. Whatever... I only have one MR blade anymore. They look bad anytime except when on full batteries.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Default blade

to be honest im keeping this blade simply to beat on... might as well make the light even in it while im at it

I have done it both ways. Both are actually valid options. I use a special plastic adhesive from 3M so I can actually take my time with running a mirror or disk up the tube.

Maybe it is just my luck, but most of the MR blades I have reused as beaters have been even enough with just the little styrofoam thingy up in there.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"