Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Quad led heatsink needed

Hm. I'm kinda surprised. It really looked like standard blue but yeah.

I'd have to find them but I've taken comparison pics of single CREEs against SF "12W" LEDs. Single Rebels, too. The SFs always lose... they're just horrible.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Hm. I'm kinda surprised. It really looked like standard blue but yeah.

I'd have to find them but I've taken comparison pics of single CREEs against SF "12W" LEDs. Single Rebels, too. The SFs always lose... they're just horrible.
    The point wasn't "X" is better than "Y", I posted this more for those who seem to doubt what I try to teach you about quality vs. QUANTITY.

Edit: I double checked the rB is a regular B.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 09-18-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

"suncrusher" configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    "suncrusher" configuration?
    It's what Vader's Vault calls their Tri-Cree configurations. As SS pointed out earlier, the theory that "more is better" and that Quads are "better" than Tri's isn't exactly true or accurate. Yes, you technically may be able to get a few extra Lumens out of a quad - assuming you have a meter and a nice testing box built (like I have), but I can probably accomplish the same thing with a Tri-Cree, because if you tried what I would do on a Tri-Cree with a Quad, you would likely:
    1. Possibly melt one or more of the LEDs.
    2. Probably trip the PCB on your battery, if you even tried the configuration on a quad, which I doubt could be accomplished.
    3. Would't be able to touch your saber without using potholders.
    4. Wouldn't be able to tell the difference with your naked eye.

As SS said, tradeoffs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I get what you're saying about quantity. All I meant was that their quad setup was horrible and that 1 good LED usually gives a satisfying blade on its own.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Another thing to remember when looking at led's is that more wattage doesn't necessarily translate into brighter. I found this very informative on the subject: http://www.ledsupply.com/blog/1-watt..._campaign=7-30

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.