Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Quad led heatsink needed

I'm not sure why I can't receive PMs. I see you have a twitter account. Can you tweet it to me? @BryantMorrill

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos View Post
    I'm not sure why I can't receive PMs. I see you have a twitter account. Can you tweet it to me? @BryantMorrill
    1. You haven't met the requirements yet, 2. This forum is attached to a store.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Silver Serpent, I think the quads are better simply for color mixing. That is why I'm doing it. So I probably won't be using all four leds at once. However, by customizing my parts I am going to attempt to fit a lot more battery power than normal. I'm a little worried about that but I think I can find a way, even if I have to buy really expensive batteries or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos View Post
    Silver Serpent, I think the quads are better simply for color mixing. That is why I'm doing it.
    Considering you can get basically every human visible color with just Red, (Royal) Blue and Green, I'm not exactly sure what new color you're going to make..
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I could see it if you wanted to add a white die to an R/G/B setup for an "on top" FOC. I think I read something about it in the Prizm manual. Other than that, I can't imagine the pros outweigh the cons. I know somebody out there will go nuts with it so it'll be fun to see the results.

Any "on top" color can just as easily be made by mixing the other colors to make that FoC color. When you "mix colors", essentially, you mix them for everything you want.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

It's not about making a new color. It's about making a better color. With an Amber led I will be able to make more vibrant oranges and yellows. It will be off most the time otherwise, so it won't be impacting the battery life.

And to The Forgetful Jedi: What are the requirements to be able to use PM? And I was asking about a product that the store doesn't sell, so I see no harm there. If you are going to censor everything we say on these forums you are going to drive away customers. Let the product win us over on its own merits, not by stifling any discussion of alternatives.

I believe it's 10 posts and there may be a time component which I can't remember.

Also, if I was going to "censor everything you guys say" I could have simply pitted this thread. With that said, this is attached to, and run by a store, and these Forums do come with some rules, so....
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

I get the rules, which is why I asked him to send me the info outside of the forum. Is that against the rules too?

Let's just say that this whole thread is pretty much "pushing the envelope" in my view.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines